Bosch frequency inverters
Variable frequency inverters for general automation, materials handling, pumps, fans, and conveyor belts.
Bosch Rexroth frequency inverters
Frequency inverters control the motor speed when starting and stopping and throughout the operating cycle by means of an adjustable frequency. BEGE supplies the intelligent, universal Bosch Rexroth EFC inverter series.
Selecting the appropriate VFD – 5 factors
What makes a frequency inverter suitable for a specific drive? It can be tempting to select a VFD based solely on motor power, but there are other, more important considerations. We’ve listed five relevant factors below:
Some applications require a specific power curve. It is important to pick a VFD that can meet such requirements. A pump, for example, will start up slowly due to the resistance of the liquid.
2. Maximum current
Check the motor’s nameplate for the maximum Full Load Amperage (FLA) and then pick a VFD capable of supplying at least this amount of current.
Some applications will briefly require more (starting) torque or are subject to cyclic overloading. In these cases it’s best to pick a VFD capable of handling the drive’s specific demands.
In principle, all frequency inverters are air cooled, which means they are influenced by the atmospheric pressure and ambient temperature.
VFDs installed at heights over 1000 m may experience cooling issues. It is strongly recommended to pick an inverter that is powerful enough to compensate for the lack of cooling.
Frequency inverters generate heat that, if not sufficiently dissipated, can cause equipment to shut down or worse, sustain damage.
If the environment exceeds the manufacturer’s specified maximum operating temperature, additional ventilation or cooling of the VFD is crucial.
Advantages of Bosch Rexroth VFDs
- Compact and complete: space saving wiring module for simple installation and integration
- Powerful: outputs up to 160 kW
- Quickly operational: fast start thanks to the integrated control panel
- User-friendly: control panel with potentiometer and clear 5-digit LED display (default) or LCD screen (optional)
- Time-saver: removable control panel with memory function for fast transmission of parameters and commissioning
- Extensive connectivity with Multi-Ethernet interface option (Sercos, EtherNet/IP, PROFINET, EtherCAT and Modbus/TCP)
- Power range: 0.4 to 160 kW
- High overload capacity: 150% for 60 sec and from 5.5 kW, adjustable to 120% for 60 sec during normal use (ND mode).
- EFC5610 with sensorless vector control for optimum motor torque and initial torque up to 200% at 0.5 Hz.
- Motor temperature monitoring without motor sensor
- STO for EFC5610 up to Cat. 4/PLe, SIL3
- Simple wiring with plug-in terminal blocks for I/O connections
- No external components required thanks to the built-in brake chopper (up to 22 kW [30 hp]) and built-in net filter (EN61800-3 C3)
Comparison Bosch Rexroth EFC3610 and EFC5610
View the differences between the Bosch Rexroth EFC3610 and EFC5610 frequency inverters at a glance.
0,4 – 22 kW
0,4 – 160 kW
V/f, SVC, FOC
Safe Torque Off (STO) SIL3 Cat. 4/PL e
Speed control range
CE, UL, cUL, EAC, C-Tick (RCM), EU RoHS
CE, UL, cUL, EAC, C-Tick (RCM), EU RoHS
Are you curious how Bosch Rexroth frequency inverters can optimize your drive?
Make an appointment with our engineers.
BEGE service benefits
- Longterm component availability
- Simple, fast equipment changes
- Short delivery times thanks to inventory in Sassenheim (NL)
- Quick delivery of spare parts
- On-site repair and service
- EU engineered for reliable quality
- Support in your own language
- Custom solutions available
BEGE does more than supplying and distributing various quality brands of drive components. We support industrial enterprises through the combination of individual components into complete, optimized drive systems. The contact with a single partner keeps everything straightforward.
Advice & custom work
Our years of experience with drive technology also allow us to engineer innovative custom solutions that meet branche or customer-specific demands.
Whether it’s a small, compact machine or an extensive, complicated system; when it comes to industrial manufacturing, we can provide the answers to today’s challenges and tomorrow’s desires.
Sign up for BEGE news and updates